At American Chimney Service, we suggest:
- Make sure your chimney sweep is CSIA Certified and experienced.
- Schedule chimney service and an inspections once annually. Make sure they look over:
- Flashing; and
- Liner status
- Check the wood you burn in your fireplace – it should be well-dried, seasoned hardwood.
- Does your wood-burning system have a sealing damper? If not, install one.
- If you don't already have one, have a chimney cap installed.
- A correct chimney liner is critical to your safety. Have it professionally checked and changed if necessary.
- Have your chimney thoroughly checked after major lightening and weather events.
Our Chimney Services